Thursday, October 10, 2013

More week 16 fun!

I've had a thought in my head all day that I've wanted to get down in the blog, and as soon as I opened the new entry, the thought flew away!  Can I blame baby brain yet?  :)  Since I can't remember what I wanted to write about, I'll just post some pictures!  These are from last week, when baby was the size of an apple.  Once again, when I'm pregnant, everyone's pregnant!


 
Rory and Hank! I don't know how long they're going to put up with these fruit shenanagins but they're both pretty darn cute!

Stripes and Diva!  Our big kitty and little puppy.  Stripes has the funniest face!  It's cracking me up how tiny Diva is behind the apple.

I like to think my skin looks better and my hair is bouncier in this photo!  Something is definitely happening with my hair.  It's almost becoming coarser, which I think is giving it some volume.  Can't complain about that!  But it's also frizzier, so I've been experimenting with different types of hair products (all of which I've always had because I'm a beauty product junkie!).  The skin part has been a bit of a battle.  For the first 6 weeks (basically the entire first trimester) after finding out I was pregnant I stayed away from all of my acne products except benzoyl peroxide, which was the only one on my doctor's "approved" list of topical creams.  After staying consistent with that and my TimeWise moisturizer, my face skin cleared up quite nicely.  However, my chest and back have been another story.  I've always struggled with body acne and in my mid-20's I finally discovered the perfect balance of products that kept my skin clear.  One of these things was salicylic acid toner.  I cut it out of my regimen per my orders, and my skin freaked out.  It has stayed freaked out ever since so last week I finally caved and started using the toner again.  10 days later, already better!  I did a bunch of reading and while there's definitely some controversy, a lot of sites deem it safe for topical use once or twice a day.  I'm only using it once a day, and fairly sparingly...so hang in there, baby!!  Once I get all cleared up I'll go off it again and wait until my skin freaks out the second time around.  I also have a call in to my derm to see about getting my prescription for clindamycin renewed.  This is safe for pregnancy use, although I'm not entirely sure it'll work this time around since I'm sure the problems are more hormonal/internal rather than bacterial/external.  Worth a shot though!

Ok, long paragraph about my skin!  But everyone knows how much I love to talk about skin and skin problems and skin solutions.  There's a reason I became a Mary Kay consultant!

These are my week 16 clothed-belly photos.  I'm slightly angled forward because let's be honest, my belly isn't ALL baby.  Ha!  I've had a little bit of the preggo bump going for the past year. :-p  But I do think the lower part is starting to protrude a teensy bit more and my belly is starting to feel a lot harder.  Which is very bizarre!  Less flab and more solid stretch I guess.  I can't wait for it to really start taking shape in the next few weeks.  Then I can break out the maternity tops that have been loaned to me!

Here I am in the same tank top as the first pictures I took .  I think it'll be fun to keep this one going the whole time.  This is a tank top from Target and they're super soft and stretchy, so I'm sure it'll be around the whole 9 months.

Same day as above (10/9), I wore this sweater dress to work.  Because it was raining and finally felt like fall!  Today it's back in the 70's and sunny. Pfft.  Anyways, it's very nice to be pregnant and not have to suck in when wearing form-fitting outfits.  In this outfit I got a few comments like "aww you're starting to show!" which I enthusiastically agreed to.  Today I'm back to a flowy printed top, which is very high in the comfy ratings like this dress was.  I'm gonna be all about comfort!  BUT I've promised myself I will be in heels until at least December, unless my balance issues/clumsiness really get a hold of me.  I managed heels 4 out of 5 work days last week, but I'm only 2 for 4 so far this week.  Tomorrow I'm planning to wear heeled boots with my Friday casual outfit.  I love Fridays!!!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone's pregnant! Love the new pics- you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had horrible body acne with Lincoln. Salt water helps a tone but I'm sure you don't want to go swimming in ocean at this temperature!!! TOO COLD!! None with Emilyn ;D - so there's my gender games two cents for the week. (which is supposedly backwards)

    and those tanks are the tanks I wore my whole pregnancy too. they are SO comfortable.

    ReplyDelete