Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The week of my favorite number! 17!

I started this blog entry yesterday but never got around to publishing.  Now that's its Tuesday, I'll fill you in on the baby appointment we had today!  It went very well.  We finally met the OB we chose, Dr. Erin Gross.  We liked her a lot!  She seemed very calm, didn't act rushed at all, and actually seemed to care about the things I was telling her.  All good signs for the rest of our appointments.  Baby is doing well by all appearances/sounds.  My uterus is in the right place, just starting to raise up towards my belly button and baby's heartbeat was a strong 160.  What a rush it still is to hear that quick swishing sound!  It made me all the more excited for our anatomy scan next week.  Eeee!  I weighed in at 164 again this appointment which reinforces my thought that my weight at the last appointment wasn't correct (because I know I've actually gained a few pounds this time).  But whatever, as long as I'm tracking it on my own I feel pretty good about it.  I would like to avoid becoming a total blimp during this pregnancy!

Here's the entry I wrote yesterday.  Keep on scrolling for the pictures!  :)

Written Monday, October 14:

Week 17, friends!!  And what an exciting week it is!  The next 9 days are going to be awesome.  Tomorrow we have our baby check-up, on Friday we get the keys to our new house, next Monday the movers come, and next Tuesday is our anatomy scan!!  For some reason, I'm nervous for tomorrow's appointment but just plain excited for next Tuesday, which makes no sense.  I should be nervous for both at this point!  Only nervous because the past week has again been a totally chill one, filled with lots of activities and going out.  This can't be normal!!  Haha.  I can't wait to hear baby's heartbeat tomorrow to be reassured that we made it safe and sound through another month.  It's hard to believe it's been 4 weeks since our last appointment and 8 weeks since our first ultrasound.  On days like today I feel like the time has flown by.

This past weekend I got to hang out with THREE of my pregnant friends!  One of whom is due this Saturday!  After we ate out, we went back to her place so she could show me her nursery.  It's ADORABLE and really made me hope for a girl!  Of course a boy's nursery could be adorable as well, but girls have the edge there I think.  Hers was done in white furniture with purple and butterfly accents.  So pretty.  I think we're leaning towards darker furniture, but we aren't too particular which is good because we're getting a lot of items loaned to us!  I can tie anything together with cute bedding and decor. :)  My weekend was also filled with baby shower bliss and gave me lots of good ideas for either my shower if I get to help or for the first shower I host for one of my friends.

Speaking of gender things, I've been doing some gender predictions online!  The gender prediction quiz on parents.com says we're having a girl.  The chinese predictor says we're also having a girl.  The quiz on babymed.com says girl.  Should I stop while I'm 3 for 3 and keep hoping for a girl?  No, it's too fun!  The quiz on childbirth.org says girl!  Common themes that point to a girl so far are spreading horizontally instead of more in front, craving sweets, feet feeling warmer than usual, no nose change, baby's heart beat is over 140, my skin has gotten worse, I'm not extra hairy, and my urine is brightly colored even when hydrated (tmi?).  There are a few "boy" signs though, like craving cheese and the old wives tale about the husband/partner gaining weight along with the woman (sorry, babe!).  And I feel like I'll carry my baby low, but I can't really tell yet.

We're still behind in posting photos, so here's week 16.  Baby is the size of an avocado!  I tried to find an avocado bigger than the apple from last week.  Doing these produce pictures really brings home the fact that there is a HUMAN this actual size inside my belly (or fairly close to this size).  Some days I just have to say "seriously?! I'm making a PERSON?!"  It continues to amaze me.

The cats are in box heaven while we get ready for the move! They'll be so sad when they no longer have entire obstacle courses in the living room.

The puppies were just plain uncooperative for their avocado baby pictures!  Neither would sit still; Diva had to be perched on the cat tower, where she immediately freezes because she's afraid of heights.  And then we accidentally forgot about her up there for about 5 minutes.  My god, how are we going to be parents?! 

My pets are the cutest pets!  The baby is gonna have to be super cute to compete with all this going on!

I forgot to post this pic a few weeks ago.  My sister got us this adorable frame for our ultrasound picture!!  That's Little Baby Lum in the frame!  I just packed up all of our frames so baby had to go away for a week.  The nice thing about procrastinating most of our packing until this past weekend is only having to go one week without our things.  Well, depending on how long it takes us to unpack at the new place.  Only a few more days until big house, tons of storage, real garage, fenced-in yard bliss!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That is such a cute frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until the fruit is as big as Diva..... and Stripes definitely has the cutest pictures - I like her cameo in Rory's pic this week. haha

    ReplyDelete