Wednesday, January 1, 2014

THIRD TRIMESTER!!!

I was going to title this blog "28 weeks" but then I remembered it was a movie where Sandra Bullock's character goes to rehab...not exactly the images I want to conjure with this entry.  But we are at 28 weeks and officially in the third trimester!!  Happy New Year to us!!

So much has happened in the past 4 weeks since I last wrote!  It's too bad we haven't been better about updating this blog because someday I'll probably (most likely) forget all of the cool little daily things that have happened while being pregnant.  And who knows if this will be our one and only baby so I may never get the chance to relive them again!  First New Year's Resolution: update baby blog on a weekly basis!  There's only 12 more weeks...how hard could it be? ;-) ;-)

Time for baby and body updates!  In the past week, baby and I have had a few growing pains.  My stomach has been extra crampy and a lot of the time I feel stretched to the brink and about ready to pop.  SO HARD to believe I still have 3 more months of growing!  I hardly need to eat any food before I feel bloated, so I've had to switch over to mini meals to try to appease my never-ending hunger.  Which mainly means my diet now consists of snack food because I hate leftovers. :)  I've actually gotten sick more in the past month than I did in the whole second trimester.  I think certain foods or food combinations aren't sitting so well with my growing baby.

I've currently gained 17 pounds, which is in the recommended range for week 28.  Aron set up my treadmill so I can fit more exercise in during the last trimester.  And by fit more in...I mean, start exercising for the first time this pregnancy.  Ha!  I have been doing some walking...like around work, the mall, and our backyard. :)  A friend loaned me some prenatal yoga DVDs as well so hopefully I'll be toned and limber by the time baby boy gets here!  I do want to stretch A LOT because the last thing I need while giving birth is a leg cramp. :)

Baby has been SUPER kicky and mobile over this past week and he's gotten the hiccups twice!  Or what I think are the hiccups.  It's regular, rhythmic movements that last for a few minutes.  Both times it's been while lying in bed getting ready to sleep so Aron's been able to feel them with me.  So neat!!  I always like feeling the random movements but feeling something so regular was a new experience.  The first time was the night of Christmas Day...Merry Christmas milestone!  Last night Aron and I were pushing baby around in my belly and watching him roll/move from side to side.  In one of my baby books it was telling us how to identify certain body parts by how they feel or how they "bounce back" when you push down on my belly.  He was so responsive and it was fun laughing over whether or not we felt a foot or just the tiny baby head.  He's still only just over 2 pounds so it's hard to tell at this point.

These days I feel like I'm both more focused and detail-oriented on everything and extremely spacy.  I have moments of motivation to get stuff done and then at other times I can sit around for hours just watching TV.  I don't think the "nesting" feeling has quite set in yet.  And I've become worse about things like drinking enough water and taking my prenatal vitamins.  It's like my brain thinks "hey, third trimester! you're in the clear!"  But I'm determined to get back on track.  This Friday is my glucose screening test.  I hope everything goes ok!  If I don't pass the two-hour test, I'll go back for the 3 (or is it 4?) hour test.  I'm really hoping I don't get the bad news that I have gestational diabetes.  There haven't been any red flags from my first blood test or urine samples, but that doesn't mean I'm passing this one.  It takes a lot of people by surprise.  Fortunately for me (and unfortunately for her!), a friend had gestational diabetes so if I do end up with it at least I'll be able to get some good tips.  And it's only 12 more weeks!

Ok...time for some preggo pictures!  I'll post just a few from the Christmas parties we went to a few weeks ago, because I want to do a separate entry for all the fun we had in the NW over the holidays, complete with photos from our first baby shower and Christmas with my family.

Here's me at 24 weeks before my work Christmas party.  Thanks, Michaela, for the dress!  And there's Aron and I at the party.  My husband (baby daddy!) is so handsome!!!



Here's one at 25 weeks.  Most of the time I hate that Aron takes random candid shots but sometimes he gets some great ones!  Assuming I have time to look up and smile. :)


Here's another at 25 weeks, right after Aron's work Christmas dinner.  Yes, I wore the same jewelry to both parties.  Perks of not seeing that same people!  And equally awesome, that necklace was on sale for A DOLLAR at Charlotte Russe!  I love a sweet sale.



That's all for this New Years entry!  Time for me to get out of my PJs and make an attempt at being productive today.  I hope everyone's 2014 gets off to a great start!!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! The blue dress looks great on you! I love the necklace. Hold on tight to these next 12 weeks, it's going by so fast!!! (and I'm just living vicariously and I'm sad it's going so fast)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I LOVE the blocks background. It makes me very happy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray a new post! I was so glad we had a chance to see you guys :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete