Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TEN weeks left!!!

30 weeks and the countdown is on!!  This entire pregnancy, we've been counting up as the weeks go by and now I'm finding myself counting down until the due date.  For example, before, when people would ask me how far along I am, I'd answer with something like "six months."  Now when people ask I say "ten weeks left!"  It's a different mindset and a really exciting change.  Our due date feels so incredibly close now!

Ok, get ready for the rest of my rambling...this is a long entry!

We're starting to do more and more each day to prepare for baby boy's arrival.  We got the crib built awhile ago (see photos below of Aron building it!), but we still need a mattress.  Not high priority since baby Lum won't be in there for a few months but certainly on our to-do list.  We built a dresser for the nursery and filled it up with all the clothes we have so far.  Between my very dear friends Michaela and Amanda, we pretty much have baby's entire first-year wardrobe complete thanks to their cute hand me down outfits.  We also received several great gifts at the shower we had in Spokane to fill in the gaps.  We were so spoiled by our friends and family!  Besides the dresser we bought, we haven't had to buy anything for baby ourselves yet.  Our friends are hosting another shower for us in San Diego next weekend, and after that we'll plan to do some serious baby shopping and gather the rest of the items we need.  I haven't even bought any baby clothes of my own choosing yet!!  We've been pretty budget-conscious lately with all the changes in our lives, but I have a feeling I'll go crazy anyways in the few weeks before baby gets here.  Also on my shopping list: I want to buy a rocking chair or glider of some sort and get some cozy rugs for the nursery.


 
Hanky was very curious about this new furniture!

Kitty bunk beds! Rory is up in the crib and Stripes is hanging out below. :) Pretty sure this will be happening allll the time now.

Here are some pics from the baby shower we had in Spokane!  My sister, aunt, and mom all hosted and it was a huge success and really fun!  I had such a wonderful time with the guests, which included some family that I hadn't seen in years.  Thank you to everyone who came out and made the day so special!!  We truly were spoiled with gifts and love and support.  Baby boy is going to grow up so loved!  I can't wait to do it all again this weekend with our San Diego friends.  We really are lucky to be surrounded by people who are willing to listen to us blabber on about the pregnancy and our plans without getting so fed up they punch us in the face. :)

Me, my cousin RaChelle and her baby boy Rekker, my Grandma Marilyn and my sister Randi

Me and sissie!

The handsome hubby!! The boys hung out downstairs so the gals could be girlie and ooh and ahh over cute baby things. :)

One of the tables - everything was so beautiful!!

Me and Grandma

Me and my beautiful mama!! I look more and more like her every day, which is an awesome thing!!

Friends! Emily, me, Susan

Me and my Grandma Janna

An exciting event in our lives last week was that we found out I don't have gestational diabetes!  On January 3rd I went and took the two-hour glucose test and we found out the results last Monday.  I was actually pretty nervous but I passed the test with flying colors.  I actually tested on the low end of the "normal" range for all markers!  I've been joking that thanks to my sweet tooth, my body has had years of training in metabolizing sugar.  Ok ok, I know it doesn't quite work like that.  I'm just very fortunate to be healthy!  And now I can continue eating sweets for the next 10 weeks!  On Friday night I had my first real craving of the pregnancy.  As in "find this for me NOW or I will DIE" type of craving.  And of course, it was for sugar.  Raspberry sorbet in particular.  I made Aron go to the store and buy me some and I ate half the carton in one sitting.  In my defense...it was one of those baby cartons.  And it was sooooo good and just what I needed.  It was the first time I've made Aron go buy me something!  He's gotten off pretty easy this pregnancy. :)

Another exciting event in our lives this week is that I just gave my notice at work that I won't be returning after the baby is born.  That's right folks, I get to be a stay at home mom!!!  More of a work from home mom, since I'll still actively be doing my Mary Kay business.  Hopefully I'll actually be working it even more now that I won't have the bothersome 10 hours at my day job to get in the way every day. :)  I'm thrilled that I get the opportunity to stay at home and raise our baby.  Major thanks to my sugar daddy for making it happen!!  We're gonna have to give up a few fun luxuries, like my expensive seeing-movies-at-the-movie-theater habit, but it will totally be worth it to be home everyday, not missing a moment of my son's life.  That didn't sound like a smothering stay at home mom comment at all, right?!  But really, I can't wait to spend my days with baby boy, watching him grow up and become the super genius his father has predicted he'll be.

Every day my belly seems to stretch a teensy bit bigger.  Below is a photo from last week when we went to the beach, during week 29.  A summer dress at the beginning of January!  All f omy maternity dresses are in use right now as its EIGHTY-FIVE degrees here!  It'll be in the 80's all week, unbelievable!  I'm a little disappointed that my belly button hasn't "popped" yet despite my growing tummy.  But maybe I just had a very deep innie all my life.  It has definitely gotten super shallow, which is bizarre.  And no stretch marks yet, thank goodness!  Lisa sent me cocoa butter lotion which I've been using diligently every night!  My skin has been very itchy all over, which I've read is pretty common.  This next part might be TMI for family members (or my more prude friends!) so avert your eyes for a few sentences. :)  Another changing-body update - last week I started leaking colostrum, but only from my right side so far.  I first noticed when I was wearing a pajama shirt and I was very surprised!  I had to double-check online that it was about the right time that that would start happening.  It happened two or three days in a row but I haven't noticed since.  But I could just be unobservant.  It's all another sign that baby is very very close to showing his face to the world!!

Squinty-eyed in the sun. 29 weeks!

Time to wrap this entry up with a few more photos!  Here are fun ones from our time in Seattle and San Diego.  I wish I would have gotten some with the friends we saw, but it didn't cross my mind at the time.

 Diva remembering what snow is like! We put her up next to the mini snowman that Aron made :)

 The decorating committee!

 Just because. My wicked feet!


 Diva in her Christmas dress. I so wish Hanky could have been in Moscow with us too!

 Christmas morning 2013!

The family gathers. My parents cooked an amazing meal!!


Christmas 2013. 

 The soon-to-be grandparents! Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, I made it onto the blog- I'm famous!!!! :) Love all the new pics and so excited for you guys that the nursery is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wait....what you're trying to tell me is, that you're having a baby?

    ReplyDelete