Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New pregnancy symptoms to welcome Week 16

Today is Week 16, Day 3.  So hard to believe!  Friday I got my very first heartburn.  Is that how you would say it?  I've never had heartburn before in my life so I wasn't sure what was happening.  Achy pain in the top of my chest, constantly feeling like I needed to burp.  I took a few Tums and it seemed to help.  Even though it was annoying I was also excited!  More pregnancy symptoms!  As this week has been pretty devoid of "pregnancy" things I was happy to have the chest pain.  I'm starting to love all these little pain-type things that come with being pregnant.  Like when I jump up and get a stabbing pain in my right side and I think "ow! Oh! Round ligament pain! Fun!"  I mean, of course I've done all the research on the random aches and pains, and once I've determined everything is quite common, then I'm secretly happy about them.  Somehow all the little bumps in the road make me feel connected to all the other women who have ever been pregnant.  Of course there's those women who sail through all 9 months without a hiccup, but I don't need to connect with them.  Just envy and admire them from afar!

Aron is making me laugh on a daily basis when he jokes about the pregnancy and the future baby.  I was going to write about a few funny stories but I think they're all "guess you had to be there" moments.  Suffice it to say that I'm so very thankful I have the funniest husband in the world!  I love that nothing is off limits between us so we can laugh about everything, inappropriate or not. :)

A few people have left work early this week feeling "flu-y."  I hope I don't get sick!  I was actually battling a cold a few weeks ago, which I blame on getting my flu shot and having a weakened immune system for a few days.  The cold never got too bad and I only missed a few hours of work when I was really rundown.  I should be safe from the flu since I got my shot.  I'm glad the nurse asked me if I wanted it at our last appointment, rather than waiting until October 15.

Tonight I'm headed to my Mary Kay meeting for the first time in a few weeks.  I'm happy to see my girlfriends again!  I've bailed out on any evening activities for the past 3 weeks to make sure I was rested for my day job, but now I have the energy to go out at night again.  The black pencil skirt I always wear still fits, although its a bit snug.  Luckily my red jacket has a bit of peplum flair so any bulges are fairly covered.  :) In a few more weeks it might be time to find a stretchy skirt I can wear to work and MK.  Tomorrow night I'm going to a Passion Party that Joelle is hosting.  Time for some fun with my friends again!  Too bad I won't be able to participate in the "wine Wednesday" part of the evening.

What else can I share from preggo land...not too much happening these days, but every day is still a new experience!








No comments:

Post a Comment